Lock Care Tips
Every EUROPA lock is ruggedly built for long life and trouble-free service. With minimal care, your EUROPA lock will provide security and smooth operation for many years to come.
Over a time, dust, particles and chemicals in the air settle on and in the lock. They can then create friction inside the precision locking and keying components and impede the performance of the lock.
- Cover the Key entry hole with adhesive tape to prevent the dusty entry during renovation work & installation of lock.
- For periodic cleaning & lubrication of Lock Assembly; USE “ZORRIK88/WD40/CRC/RUSTLICK631”.
- After lubrication, insert the key and open and close the lock several times to distribute the lubricant.
- DO NOT use Oil in Lock Assembly.
- Lock Fitting should be done by an experienced and skilled carpenter only.
- Door stoppers should be fixed to avoid damage to the lock body, by hitting against the wall or any other object.
- Before lock fitting, always make sure that door and its frame are in same level while in closed condition. The improper level will affect the smooth functioning of lock.
- Do not insert any of the lock screws by hammering which may damage your lock door.
- To ensure proper security ; both the door and frame should be strong and in good condition.
- Do not try to open the lock with any other parts/elements other than its own key.
- Do not close the door/drawer/cabin when the bolt of the lock is extended/locked. This may cause serious damages to lock parts.
- Paints and varnish should not be used over the locks as it may enter the lock parts and affect the smooth functioning of the lock.
- Do not apply excessive force on key while opening the lock.
- Do not use the key as a screw driver or a can-opener as it may damage the key.
Regular cleaning and lubrication is recommended to keep your locks operating like new.
Here are a few tips that will help you keep your locks working efficiently.