Secure Your Home While Away on Vacation
Vacations are the best way to break the monotony of a daily routine. It not only refreshes and rejuvenates your body and mind but also induces a positive outlook. This relaxation time is important for us to relax. However, Be it a weekend getaway or a long trip plan, you should always ensure that your house and other belongings are safe and secure. As per reports, India has seen a sharp rise in the rates of theft over the past decade.
Tips to Reduce Theft Risk
Here are a few safety tips curated to make sure that your happy place is safe and protected while you are away.
1. Double Check all your Doors, Windows other Locks:
One of the most crucial safety advice before leaving for vacation is to lock your doors, windows, and garage properly. These stand as your initial line of defense against thieves. If these are taken care of in the correct manner, then mishappenings might be avoided.
81% of burglars access the first floor of buildings, according to the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors. Do not forget to double-check the locks of any possible opening or gated or fenced passage of your property. Especially for the main door, the use of high-security door locks is advised.
2. Suspend or Put on Hold the Daily Subscriptions:
While you’re away on vacation or on your holiday, make sure to put a hold on your daily deliveries of daily supply materials like mail, newspapers and other items. Things like a cluttered mailbox or a pile of newspapers on your front step hint at your absence. This situation can be avoided with mindful decisions and planning appropriately.
3. Put your valuables away:
There is no actual guarantee that your home won’t be broken into even if you take all the necessary security measures before leaving on vacation. Avoid leaving anything of value out in the open, so your house is better protected. For example, close your blinds before you leave your house to prevent passersby from peeping in. The finest solution, in this case, is to conceal valuables in a safe space.
4. Emergency Key:
Avoid leaving behind an emergency key just outside your home or elsewhere in the vicinity. These are very easy to locate and can be convenient access for intruders. Instead, always keep a spare key and hand it over to your trustworthy person.
5. Recruit Your Neighbors:
Request that a trustworthy neighbour keep an eye on your house while you are away. Tell them to contact the police if they notice anything shady or unsafe happening on the property. And in the worst-case scenario, give them your vacation contact information and a spare key.
Need For Security Devices And Home Locks
As the world progresses, so does the number of burglaries and home invasions. As a result, investing in high-security devices and locks is essential to protect your home. Here are some of the best appliances and locks to protect your home:
1. A home safe is a great way to protect your valuables. Be sure to choose a safe that is fireproof and waterproof.
2. Home security cameras are another great way to deter burglars. Choose a camera system with night vision so you can monitor your home 24/7.
3. The most effective way to secure your doors is to use high-security main door locks, like Deadbolt locks. If you want to increase the level of security, choose a deadbolt with a 1-inch throw.
4. Window bars or grilles are also an effective way to secure your windows. Be sure to choose bars or grilles made of steel for maximum strength and security.
5. A home alarm system is another excellent way to deter burglars and intruders. Make sure to choose a system that has 24/7 monitoring for added peace of mind.
Why Should Europa Locks Be Your Ultimate Choice?
Choosing a trusted and effective brand for your home security is crucial. Right from Commercial locks, Main door Locks to wardrobe door locks and Furniture locks, check out our offerings at Europa here.
With cutting-edge tests, research, and development facilities, Europa Locks can meet the specific security needs of customers and develop a solution to those needs.
EUROPA strives to increase client satisfaction by offering timely services, such as lock installation and maintenance, key duplication, lock solutions, and emergency assistance. Having over 35+ years of experience in key and lock design has helped them achieve perfection.
Europa Locks Advantage:
- 50+ IP Registrations & Applications (Patent, Design, Etc).
- 500+ theft site visits & 1000+ ANTI-THEFT trials for “ANTI-THEFT ENGINEERING” expertise.
- Every product goes through more than 50+ ANTI-THEFT tests in a controlled set up on actual doors during development.
- Experience of 5 million installations through 200+ trained technicians across India.
- 200K+ Sqft Manufacturing Area.
- 25 Mn+ Homes Secured by Europa.